Rally to Resist War and Racism at Home and Abroad
RALLY TO RESIST WAR & EMPIRE
When: Saturday, October 7th @ 1pm
Where: Herald Square, 34th Street & 6th Avenue
Join our Facebook Event: October 7 Rally to Resist War and Racism at Home and Abroad
Also In New York City on the 7th (You can attend all 3 if you like 🙂 )
- International League of Peoples Struggles
- International Action Center
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression
- Right to Resist War & Empire… and many more (see below)
Why October 7th?
16 years following the US invasion of Afghanistan and the start of the so-called war on terror, the longest war in US history has no end in sight. While the mainstream media would have us believe that the current rise of militarism in the US is a trump phenomenon, we know that the violence of the US war machine is bipartisan, that by the end of Obama’s second term the US was bombing seven Muslim-majority nations on any given day.
In the wake of 9/11 in the US we’ve seen the war on terror materialize in widespread Islamophobic and anti-arab racist violence. We’ve seen it materialize in the surveillance and criminalization of Palestinian youth activists and community leaders. We’ve seen it materialize in the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, the massive expansion of Border Patrol and ICE, and the hyper-militarization of the police state. The lessons the empire learned in Baghdad and Kabul have been transplanted into oppressed nationality communities, through counter-insurgency tactics, new spying techniques, and a tsunami of military grade weapons in the hands of those who terrorize Black and Brown communities – the police. It’s no accident that the same federal prison where many of the Eastchester 120 are being held right now is where dozens of Arab and Muslim immigrants were disappeared to and tortured in the aftermath of 9/11. In short – the war on terror has really been a war of terror.
On October 7 it’s important that we come together to demand and end to this war of terror. But beyond condemning US imperialism, we are called upon to connect our local struggles against surveillance, criminalization, police occupation, raids, deportations, gentrification and displacement, to the global struggle against US empire.
No to racism & white supremacy! Black Lives Matter!
Stop attacks on migrants, refugees and Muslims!
Bring the troops home and close the bases!
End the sanctions and the threats!
Jobs, education & healthcare, not endless war!
This demonstration is part of the coordinated national effort of many antiwar, antiracist, social justice and community-based groups.
Participating Groups – as of Sept 24
- Action 21 Jersey City
- Alianza Pais Militantes
- BAYAN USA Northeast
- Bolivarian Circle NYC
- Colectivo Honduras USA Resistencia
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression
- Free Mumia Abu Jamal Coalition
- Gabriela New York
- Haiti Support Network
- Hoods 4 Justice
- International Action Center – IAC
- International League of Peoples Struggles – ILPS
- International Working Women’s Day Coalition
- Jersey City Peace Movement
- Margaret Kimberly & Glen Ford – Black Agenda Report
- New Abolitionist Movement,
- Nodutdol for Korean Community Development,
- NYC Students for Justice in Palestine
- Pakistan USA Freedom Forum
- Parents to Improve School Transportation – PIST
- Peace Action Manhattan
- Peace Action NYS
- Peoples Organization for Progress
- Peoples Power Assemblies – PPA
- Peoples Video Network
- Right to Resist War & Empire
- Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network,
- Shut It Down – NY
- Socialist Action
- Solidarity Center NYC
- Solidarity with Novorossiya & Antifascists in Ukraine
- South Asian Fund for Education, Scholarship & Training
- SPARC – Serve the People, Awaken Revolutionary Consciousness
- U.S. Peace Council – USPC
- United National Antiwar Coalition – UNAC
- Veterans For Peace/Chapter 021 NJ
- Workers World Party
Add the name of your organization as a sponsor by adding a comment to this event page or sending the informtion to moc.l1526863989iamg@1526863989ecaep1526863989CANU1526863989